That we are fortunate to do what we do with over 100 volunteers (men, women and children). No one takes a salary. Our volunteers serve the less fortunate with a non-judgemental attitude, everyone in the world matters.
Since its inception in 2006, One More Time Charity has served over 38,000 delicious homemade meals to the hungry and less fortunate people of the Lower Mainland, BC.
- One More Time Charity has provided clothing for over 5,000 people.
- One More Time Charity has distributed more than 300 sleeping bags and 500 blankets to keep the homeless warm on the cold winter nights.
One More Time Charity continuously seeks funding.
We raise money at:
- Fund raising dances
- Car washes
- New Clothing sales
- Silent auctions
- Bottle drives
- Flea market sales
- Food Concessions
One More Time Charity
Revenue Canada registered Charity.
Donations come to us from:
- Privately lump sums
- Private monthly contributions
- Grants: Van City etc.
- Corporate lump sums
- Corporate monthly contributions
One More Time Charity regularly visits half way houses, women’s, children’s and family centers and hostels to provide food, clothing, toiletries and support.
- Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre & Shelter, Vancouver
- Lookout Emergency & Temporary Housing, New Westminster
- Surrey Urban Mission, Surrey iv. Wholeway House-Recourse & Rebuilt Centre, Avalon Hotel, Vancouver
- Sorella Housing for Women, Vancouver
- Union Gospel Mission, New Westminster
- WAVAW (Women against Violence against Women) Vancouver
- New Leaf Club House (New Leaf, New Life) New Westminster
- Union Gospel Mission Women’s and Family Centre, Vancouver
- City of Surrey Food Bank, Surrey
- Richmond Food Bank, Richmond
- The Evelyn Saller Society Centre, Vancouver
- Fraser Region Aboriginal Friendship Centre, Surrey xiv. City of Vancouver Food Bank, Vancouver xv. Crosswalk Emergency Centre, Vancouver
- Strathcona Community Centre, Vancouver
- St Barnabas Anglican Church, New Westminster
- Key’s Emergency Housing and Medical Solutions, Surrey
- Triage Centre, VancouverSalvation Army, Grace Mansion, Vancouver
- Downtown Eastside Neighbourhood House, Vancouver
- The Living Room, Vancouver xxiii. Mission Possible, Vancouver
- Gathering Place Community and Drop in Centre, Vancouver
- Elizabeth Fry Society Organization, Vancouver and New Westminster
How it Turns Out?
We are proud of having a helping hand in more than two dozen men, women and teenagers returning to their homes and families throughout BC and across Canada which is accomplished by volunteers asking at our feeding/clothing events if anyone needs assistance in reconnecting with their loved ones.
More than 350 others have connected with their families to let them know where they are even though they are not prepared to leave the downtown eastside at this time.
Plus our many, many amazing volunteers and private donors who assist us One More Time Charity!
What’s Coming Next?
- Our 18th large feeding event at Oppenheimer park
- Distribution of winter jackets, sleeping bags and blankets (Do you have clothing and/or sleeping bags to donate, winter is almost here)
- Weekly visits and donations of toiletries, clothing and food to halfway houses, women and single family centers (we need your donations)
- Future plans are to arrange private bath facilities and clean clothing so that dignity can be restored